What is Mechanical Engineering ? – The biggest complication of a young engineering engineer is that with which branch should he do engineering? Usually, students take admission in a branch based on marks in the entrance exam. By the way, you should choose the branch based on your interest. In engineering, mechanical engineering is a more demanding branch and through it, there is also a lot of possibility of getting a job. If you want to become a mechanical engineer, then you should know how to become a mechanical engineer.
What is Mechanical Engineering ?
You all must have read in your school that long ago, there used to be primitive humans on this earth and those people made things based on their needs and we reached this point. Many years ago when we had neither internet nor computer, people used to make some machines according to their needs. For example, if you want to cover more distance, I made a bicycle, then made a bike and then made a car. After this, a scientist made a steam engine.
Mechanical engineering also revolves around all these machines. Mechanical engineering is a very old engineering branch which has been in use for many years. There are many things under mechanical engineering. Such as the automobile sector, railway sector etc. That is, if you study in it, then you can easily get a job in automobile-related companies. Apart from this, you can also become a junior engineer in Railways.
Mechanical Engineer Jobs ?
Mechanical engineers have many jobs but most of their work is related to automobile or machinery. like :
- Designing a car.
- Improve the engine of a car. Designing a bus or truck.
- Making a machine for a particular work.
- Designing the engine and coach of the rail.
How to become a mechanical engineer?
To become a mechanical engineer, you have to follow some steps.
- Check your interest before school 10th. Is your interest in machinery, automobiles etc. if yes! So you can think about becoming a mechanical engineer.
- To become a Mechanical Engineer, first, pass 10th with good marks and take Physics, Chemistry and Math subjects in 11th.
- Start studying for the IIT Exam along with the 11th class. For this, you can get coaching or you can do online self-study.
- Along with studying in class 11th and 12th, keep preparing for the IIT exam because through the IITs you will get admission in the college.
- Along with giving the 12th, IIT JEE Advanced and Mains both. Your 12th exam and IIT exam should both score well.
- If you want to go to IIT only for mechanical engineering, then you have to do both IIT JEE Advanced and Mains exam. If you want to go to any other college in the country, then you have to give an exam to start the IIT. You are admitted based on his scorecard.
If you do not get admission in IIT or your marks do not come as much as you need for admission in IIT, then you can get admission in engineering in a government college or private college in your nearest city based on the scorecard of the initial examination of IIT.
In this way, you can take admission in the college to become a mechanical engineer and you can become a mechanical engineer by studying there.
The best college for mechanical engineering in India
To do engineering, there are many government and private colleges all over the country that provide good studies and give good placements. Here are the names of some of these special colleges.
IIT is the first choice of engineering students. These are located in 23 districts of the country where you can take admission.
- IIT Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh)
- IIT Delhi (Delhi)
- IIT Guwahati (Assam)
- IIT Roorkee (Uttarakhand)
- IIT Ropar (Punjab)
- IIT Kharagpur (West Bengal)
- IIT Bombay (Maharashtra)
- IIT Madras (Tamilnadu)
- IIT Indore (Madhya Pradesh)
- IIT Mandi (Himachal Pradesh)
- IIT Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)
- IIT Bhubaneshwar (Odisha)
- IIT Gandhinagar (Gujrat)
- IIT Hyderabad (Telangana)
- IIT Jodhpur (Rajasthan)
- IIT Palakkad (Kerala)
- IIT Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh)
- IIT Dharwad (Karnataka)
- IIT Dhanbad (Jharkhand)
- IIT Bhilai (Chattisgarh)
- IIT Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir)
- IIT Goa (Goa)
- IIT Patna (Bihar)
NITs remain the second choice of engineering students after IITs. The full name of NIT is National Institute of Science. It has colleges in 31 cities across the country. This is also a government college. Here is the list:
- NIT Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh)
- NIT Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
- NIT Nagpur (Maharashtra)
- NIT Durgapur (West Bengal)
- NIT Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh)
- NIT Jaipur (Rajasthan)
- NIT Jalandhar (Punjab)
- NIT Jamshedpur (Jharkhand)
- NIT Kurukshetra
- NIT Calicut (Kerala)
- NIT Rourkela (Odisha)
- NIT Silchar (Assam)
- NIT Karnataka (Karnataka)
- NIT Warangal (Telangana)
- NIT Surat (Gujarat)
- NIT Tiruchirappalli (Tamil Nadu)
- NIT Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir)
- NIT Patna (Bihar)
- NIT Raipur (Chhattisgarh)
- NIT Agartala (Tripura)
- NIT Arunachal Pradesh (Arunachal Pradesh)
- NIT Delhi (Delhi)
- NIT Goa (Goa)
- NIT Manipur (Manipur)
- NIT Meghalaya (Meghalaya)
- NIT Mizoram (Mizoram)
- NIT Nagaland (Nagaland)
- NIT Puducherry (Puducherry)
- NIT Sikkim (Sikkim)
- NIT Uttarakhand (Srinagar, Uttarakhand)
- NIT Andhra Pradesh
Apart from these two, students like to go to BITS. The full name of BITS is Birla Institute of Technology and Science. Its main campus is in Pilani, which is located in Rajasthan.
Apart from these three colleges, if you want to study in your city, then you can take admission in the government or private college there.
Mechanical Engineer Salary
Talking about the salary of a mechanical engineer, a fresher mechanical engineer can get a monthly salary for 20 to 30 thousand rupees. After this, his salary increases based on experience. Believe you if you become very expert in this field then you can earn millions of rupees a month.
Mechanical engineering is a field full of employment possibilities. If you make a career in it, then you do not have to be worried about the job. You just have to keep learning new and you will keep moving forward.